Law on the energy transition: climate action mandatory for companies and institutional investors
- 21 December 2015
Thursday, December 17, Segolene Royal, Minister for Ecology, Michel Sapin, Minister of Finance and Marisol Touraine, Minister of Social Affairs and Health have jointly signed a decree under Article 173.
This leads companies and institutional investors towards a low-carbon economy by imposing more transparency on the carbon footprint of their portfolios.
Since 2016, these investors will:
- improve the information they provide on the emissions of greenhouse gas in their portfolio,
- define the green share of their investments,
- develop a low-carbon strategy to contribute to climate objectives.
The control procedures will be defined in a control and monitoring plan for the label, which will soon be detailed in an order.
The label, valid for one year, will be awarded by a certification body.
Chaired by the Commissioner-General for Sustainable Development, a dedicated committee will be able to propose modifications to the reference system and the control and monitoring plan for the label.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- « Investisseur de long terme et risque carbone »(PDF, 377.11 KB)
- « Pour la publication par les investisseurs institutionnels du risque carbone porté par leurs portefeuilles »(PDF, 400.39 KB)